» Announced
    Posting images

» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

» External data
    owners listed

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (andyps, Sekiiiiiii), 145 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,639
Posts1,341,428
Members1,814
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,568
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,304
PeteP 21,523
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,849
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Coupé Related Chat
18 minutes ago
How did you get on at Barry's
10 676 Read More
News & Press
Yesterday at 20:58
Interesting vid.

I also found this sprinty restoration which may have already been flagged up here at some stage. I was intrigued as I'm sure I knew that coupé almost 20 years ago when it used to be parked outside the school I usually worked at; once I met the driver and chatted briefly, when he introduced me to this forum.

I'd never been on one before but I joined and have been a member (later a Club member) ever since smile

It's apparently SORN'ed just now, last MoT in 2022 shocked
1 325 Read More
Buying Advice
Yesterday at 18:46
I used a handy app called Total Car Check while I was searching. It gives you some basic info for free (including the MOT history, which you can get from the DVLA website but it's handy to have it all in one place) and you can pay to have a full HPI check if you want to (which I did for the Coupe I bought). For the car you mention it says that has previously been seen listed for £11,999 in Oct 2022 (at 36,500 miles) and £7,995 in Oct 2023 (at 36,500) miles so it looks like it's been up for sale a good while and hasn't travelled anywhere for a couple of years - something to bear in mind if you do decide to have a look at it.

I think there was a spate of ads on eBay where this car (and another Coupe) were being listed for much less using the pictures from Autotrader. It's usually obvious that the eBay listings are bogus based on the seller's feedback or the description. I expect the Autotrader listing is the genuine one but you should make sure the owner/seller is who they say they are just in case!

Only other thing to consider is that, based on my limited time as an owner, I have the impression parts are becoming harder to source for all Coupes but it seems to be more of an issue for the 16valve cars.
4 157 Read More
Coupé Parts for Sale
Yesterday at 14:09
Any takers?

I would have thought these would sell like hot cakes

Cheers Jamie
4 1,791 Read More
Buying Advice
Yesterday at 10:37
Although this is an old post so not sure if still relevant, a red LE appeared on Car and classic yesterday coming up for auction, it's heavily modified, 420 hp etc, being a LE will put the price up but paradoxically spending all that money moding it may make worth less.
3 1,401 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
15/05/2024 10:56
Extra Sensory Perception? Mine tells me there's a mobile speed camera ahead but only when the sat navs on.
2 269 Read More
Non-UK Events
15/05/2024 08:19
Quite a speedy delivery for the German emissions sticker. 6 days in fact from odering for anyone req one.
520 86,615 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
14/05/2024 19:23
I agree MM

Last evening the Middlesburgring again

Usually I'm doing the school run or North Yorkshire

Paul
2 240 Read More
Coupé Related Chat
14/05/2024 13:53
Brilliant to see!

And not long now for you lucky ones that are going to Italy this year for the anniversary! Bet your all excited.

Very jealous-but hoping you all have the best of time and a safe trip there and back!

Maybe next time for me!

Regards

MM
3 905 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
13/05/2024 22:55
Sad day T, how many years was that altogether?
28 3,945 Read More
News & Press
13/05/2024 21:13
Hopefully won't have a Quentin Willson column - that puts me off buying the mag these days because of his dogmatic attitude to electricity cars being perfect and anyone pointing out the flaws using disinformation. Maybe I can find a copy with his pages glued shut!!
1 436 Read More
Tuning
10/05/2024 18:51
I’ve got one for sale. Brand new, never fitted. £20 plus postage
2 522 Read More
Styling
10/05/2024 18:29
Thank you, it needed a bit of mechanical work to get it right, makes it harder in Oz as there are so few and hardly any parts.
17 2,611 Read More
UK Social Events
10/05/2024 18:20
Short notice.

This Sunday 13th May.

Breakfast meet at Cambridge Concours in Elsenham Essex.

Quite small gatherings but with a nice mix of classic and modern cars. Simon, the business owner also used to be a Coupé owner.
0 297 Read More
General Chat
10/05/2024 06:58
My wife would describe me as shabby.
5 625 Read More
UK Social Events
09/05/2024 15:46
Yeah go on then, if you let me know time and place I'll meet up and we can drive down together
2 630 Read More
Coupé Projects
08/05/2024 17:40
Hi Mags,
the same thing has happened to me, twice. When i queried the problem of missing metal items in an envelope i found out and still find it quite unbelievable that the gpo can get away with removing the offending metal item, in their eyes, because it can damage the machinery that they use to sort the letters, and then resealing an empty envelope and sending it on it`s way without any explanation. l lost a turbo badge and a key on separate occasions, commiserations for your loss but if you have another sent by post probably a good idea to have it packed in a jiffy bag or a box.
190 24,442 Read More
Tuning
08/05/2024 13:31
Hello? can anyone help?

Thanks

Matt
5 1,457 Read More
Handling
08/05/2024 10:18
Just my 2 cents, if it helps with choice - don't buy Uniroyal Rainsport 5.

I have 20vt with non OE dimension 215/45 R17.

Previously I've run 2 sets of Rainsport 3, 1st was normal rating, the second XL rated (couldn't tell a difference); been pleased with both, not a "sport" tyre but decent handling, comfort and really sure-footed in the wet. Also used on another FWD car with 200bhp in OE size 225/40 R18, no complaints. Also, moderate wear on all 3 sets - don't do high mileage, so I'm ok with needing to replace tyres due to age (around 4y old) even if not worn completly (eg. to 3mm or less).
Last year, I've bought new model, Rainsport 5 (XL rated), but it's a total letdown, really squishy handling with plenty of understeer, it's still good in the wet but on dry road it just feels too soft.
4 813 Read More
Other Cars and Vehicles
08/05/2024 08:32
I had anthracite turbine wheels on my Luna Pearl model.

Looked good when both were clean.
Try living with the existing wheels with regular quick cleaning ?

Best wishes

Paul
4 626 Read More
Non-UK Events
07/05/2024 15:09
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
Blitz is registered as no. 90 and is attending alone, booked at Borgaro Torinese.

10 spaces left

Good to see that Nick still has the love, he used to go to SpaItalia in the good old days. The first time he drove over from Athens, later he had moved to Germany so not quite so far.

I've still got the Greek Coupe Club cap he gave me.
65 7,586 Read More
Non-UK Events
07/05/2024 12:17
Compare with this thread
1 423 Read More
News & Press
07/05/2024 12:14
My neighbour has sent me this link

https://youtu.be/acWCimXqXbk?si=uyckFtLGgfqFV58I

Paul L
0 387 Read More
Tuning
07/05/2024 08:09
You are correct in that you need a re-circ valve unless noise is more important to you than correct fuelling. A good option is Forge: https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Turbo_Recirculation_Valve--product--756.html No tuning required apart from selecting spring pressure related to max boost you are running.

Do a google search on "how do blow off valves work" its not a difficult subject to understand and by doing so you will answer all your questions
1 537 Read More
Coupés for Sale
06/05/2024 18:49
Afternoon all ....

Hope you're well

Unfortunately unplanned change at home means I've had to sell the fiat. I had bought it 2 and a half years ago from an original owner from new, also forum member. I'm the second owner and had planned to go through the fiat getting it absolutely perfect.

She's just had a visit with Joe fcss march/April to sort the belts, suspension aspects from MOT and brakes, see invoice on pictures for the work completed. Serviced with invoices.

Price: £3800
Engine and model: 2 litre 20 valve turbo
Mileage: 84,000
Body colour: wine red
Interior colour and material: tan leather
Manufactured in: 1998
# of previous owners: 1 (2 including me)
MOT / tax until: October 28th 2024

Known technical issues: drivers speaker not working l, occasional sticky speedo.

General condition in and out: bump, dent on rear bumper offside corner, scratch or rear offside quarter, dent on drivers door, a couple of areas of crackling of paint not hugely noticeable. Interior - dash has been sorted so no sticky dash. Original stereo with remote and original book and removal tools. Seats leather has faded and cracked and drivers seat has split on the stitching but solid. Rear benches in good condition although the leather is a little dry and could do with a moisturize. Two front tyres need changing and headlamps could do with a refurbishment, although I have gone over them to improve, everything else on the advisory list has been addressed or deemed not an issue on ramp inspection. (see invoice). Would also suggest new hose kit. Rear boot seal could do with replacing but not letting in water. Oil pressure 3bar not dropping much below 2.5 hot

Rust wise is very good, arches all clear underneath good there is a very slight bubbling in the rear light cup.

Factory standard apart from fcss belt pulley guard

Overall a low mileage, low owner car that mechanically is good just needs some love and care with the aesthetics. Happy to answer questions, comments and offers

0 407 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3